Thread Closed 
Thread Contributor: TomthetomFormer Ubers user ?
Hey,

How bad of an Idea is it to give a special badge to former Ubers.org users ? This could be interesting, to some extent..
Why would this be interesting?

I was also for this at first, but then changed my mind after a few days, so I'd like to know why you think this is a good idea.
I don't know about this, it would be nice but I doubt that new members that join and don't know us even know what Ubers.org was. Only thing that might be nice, if the forum gets much more active, is an apart group for the Ubers to talk in or something.
We had this before we moved to the MyBB forum software.
In my opinion it was useless, and is not needed here.
(09-25-2016, 07:09 PM)TheEvilSocks Wrote: We had this before we moved to the MyBB forum software.

I currently reserve a similar opinion to this.

When I came to UB, I knew the ones that deserved that additional respect as community members straight away,
just by observing how well they were known, the quality and frequency of their contributions, etc. 

But for people to be granted a luxury item like a banner or user bar, simply because of the time they registered... isn't needed.

Not to say that we do not recognize and appreciate loyalty.

But I believe that can be expressed in different things like contribution, activity, etc. rather than just the date you happened to register on.

And obviously we do have awards and private conversations about individuals when their performance is exceptional, as with most platforms.

Hope that makes sense.
(09-25-2016, 08:23 PM)Baredee Wrote:
(09-25-2016, 07:09 PM)TheEvilSocks Wrote: We had this before we moved to the MyBB forum software.

I currently reserve a similar opinion to this.

When I came to UB, I knew the ones that deserved that additional respect as community members straight away,
just by observing how well they were known, the quality and frequency of their contributions, etc. 

But for people to be granted a luxury item like a banner or user bar, simply because of the time they registered... isn't needed.

Not to say that we do not recognize and appreciate loyalty.

But I believe that can be expressed in different things like contribution, activity, etc. rather than just the date you happened to register on.

And obviously we do have awards and private conversations about individuals when their performance is exceptional, as with most platforms.

Hope that makes sense.

I think you just changed my mind, thats some fair points.
I retract my suggestion
(09-25-2016, 11:49 PM)Tomthetom Wrote: I think you just changed my mind, thats some fair points.
I retract my suggestion

Brilliant, I'll close this topic for now, then. 

Feel free to PM me if you have any other comments or questions on this.
Thread Closed