Thread Contributor: AlbusKickassTorrents Owner Arrested
Hello Everyone.

In case you haven't heard the news, it looks like the authorities have arrested the alleged founder arrested of the popular torrent site and compromised much of the entire site's operation. Facebook and Apple were involved in relaying information to the authorities that helped to track down the founder, which was verified as being the same IP that logged into his Coinbase account. I won't go into the details here as TorrentFreak has already done an excellent job with it's coverage thus far.

If you're an avid torrenter, it's a great time to start making your way to private trackers.
Finally, after years...
Blimey I wonder what his sentence will be.
Nice Share.
(07-21-2016, 02:52 PM)StrandedBanana Wrote: Blimey I wonder what his sentence will be.

Something outlandish. The court documents are alleging income in the $20 million+ range, which is rubbish.
(07-21-2016, 02:52 PM)StrandedBanana Wrote: Finally, after years...

Why did you want him to get caught?
I remember my reaction when I first read this on the news, lol.

KAT was always the readily available site that I'd use to pull something that was too random to be on a private tracker. Ah well, Newsgroups is where its at for me these days.
(07-27-2016, 05:30 PM)Jurij Wrote:

Didn't want him to get caught as such - but after years of looking for him they finally found him.
(07-27-2016, 06:07 PM)StrandedBanana Wrote:
(07-27-2016, 05:30 PM)Jurij Wrote:

Didn't want him to get caught as such - but after years of looking for him they finally found him.

So he did play a good game of Hide & Seek :p?

Anyways, Its sad it is down I quickly pulled all the films for my mom from it, it was easy and fast for me.
It's back under the .al domain.