Thread Closed 
Thread Contributor: JurijRemove "Xbox Live", "Playstation", "Runescape" etc.
Personally, I believe the following sub-forums are quite unnecessary:

[Image: N0tnXxb.png]

You can merge Xbox Live and "Playstation" (would be better if it was called PSN) together to create a sub-forum called "Console Gaming". Runescape would fit under "Other PC & Online Gaming", Call of Duty related posts could be in both "Steam" and "Console Gaming" , Counter-Strike would obviously be under "Steam". If you really and truly insist on giving Counter-Strike, Runescape, League of Legends or some other popular game a sub-forum, you can easily do that under "PC Gaming". Also, what about Origin and GoG? The way I see it, you have two options here. You could either add separate sub-forums called "Origin" and "GoG" (not a good idea in my opinion) or you could rename "Other PC & Online Gaming" to "Other Online Gaming" and "Steam" to "PC Gaming" and it would solve it without making the whole gaming section of Ubers or Vigilante (whatever we're calling it now) messy. As of right now, it looks very cluttered and I don't see how it benefits anyone to have them there. One could also add "Handheld gaming" with PSP, PS VITA, Nintendo 3DS etc. sub-forums.

So basically to sum it up, I'd suggest turning the gaming section into something like this:

[Image: boodv9o.png]

What are your thoughts?
(07-13-2016, 08:27 PM)Jurij Wrote: Personally, I believe the following sub-forums are quite unnecessary:

[Image: N0tnXxb.png]

You can merge Xbox Live and "Playstation" (would be better if it was called PSN) together to create a sub-forum called "Console Gaming". Runescape would fit under "Other PC & Online Gaming", Call of Duty related posts could be in both "Steam" and "Console Gaming" , Counter-Strike would obviously be under "Steam". If you really and truly insist on giving Counter-Strike, Runescape, League of Legends or some other popular game a sub-forum, you can easily do that under "PC Gaming". Also, what about Origin and GoG? The way I see it, you have two options here. You could either add separate sub-forums called "Origin" and "GoG" (not a good idea in my opinion) or you could rename "Other PC & Online Gaming" to "Other Online Gaming" and "Steam" to "PC Gaming" and it would solve it without making the whole gaming section of Ubers or Vigilante (whatever we're calling it now) messy. As of right now, it looks very cluttered and I don't see how it benefits anyone to have them there. One could also add "Handheld gaming" with PSP, PS VITA, Nintendo 3DS etc. sub-forums.

So basically to sum it up, I'd suggest turning the gaming section into something like this:

[Image: boodv9o.png]

What are your thoughts?

The fact this is done is because of the Ubers that was categorized like this. @Albus wanted to create a old Uber forums feeling back, this is why!
Back than it was necessary and maybe still if the forum get more users. The time will learn it and we will see what the furthur development is on those topics.
@Jurij- Personally, the forums under the Gaming tab were something I always didn't quite understand the selections for. Perhaps we just had a strong community for each of those during the period of their creation, but over time I recall them dwindling quite a bit. Before I say anything in addition, I wasn't the most active in this section, so I'd prefer to hear feedback from other members who were in the Gamer's Crew like yourself - and from anyone else interested in responding to this. Once we've got a fair bit of input, I'll be in a better position to consider everything on the table before moving forward.

(07-13-2016, 08:32 PM)Coddr Wrote: The fact this is done is because of the Ubers that was categorized like this. @Albus wanted to create a old Uber forums feeling back, this is why!
Back than it was necessary and maybe still if the forum get more users. The time will learn it and we will see what the furthur development is on those topics.

You're quite right, that's the reason they are in place for the time being. I wouldn't be surprised to see them shift around and adapt over time though, so it's not a bad idea to start this discussion as members arrive.
(07-13-2016, 08:32 PM)Coddr Wrote: The fact this is done is because of the Ubers that was categorized like this. @Albus wanted to create a old Uber forums feeling back, this is why!

I realize the goal of this forum is to get the old "Ubers feeling" back.

That's cool. But we can't deny Ubers had problems. Those problems can be fixed without radically changing the forum. The "Ubers feeling" will still be there.
(07-13-2016, 08:34 PM)Jurij Wrote: I realize the goal of this forum is to get the old "Ubers feeling" back.

That's cool. But we can't deny Ubers had problems. Those problems can be fixed without radically changing the forum. The "Ubers feeling" will still be there.

As I said before we will see what the future development is and what is necessary and not.
Also my opinion on merging topics and removing is needed if we see where new users and existing users there intrests are.
(07-13-2016, 08:37 PM)Coddr Wrote: As I said before we will see what the future development is and what is necessary and not.
Also my opinion on merging topics and removing is needed if we see where new users and existing users there intrests are.

Personally the gaming forum isn't popular enough to have all the categories, I actually agree with this post - cheers.
@Jurij, I didn't thank you for including a proper mock-up of the design you were describing. Thanks for doing so.
Work on this has been completed.
  • New forums
  • Several new icons
  • We won't be using sub-forums yet, let's see what the community posts make popular first.
  • I'll be adding in thread prefixes to these forums where appropriate for ease of use.
This Suggestion/Feedback has been marked as Approved. This indicates that the changes within were at least partially implemented. Please review the thread for additional information.
Thread Closed