Thread Contributor: ubersakia new sub forum
So, I have an idea for a new sub forum.. and that would be one that users can provide images/methods/code etc.. of their journeys of hacking... without it being tutorials or "showing off".. whatever you wanna call it.

example: im messing with a server now.. I have a reverse php shell and am plundering info and working on full shell etc.. so instead of me turning this into a tutorial of how to do things, I could provide screenshots and what not as I go along, even if I get no where with it. 

The thought is just to provide insight on what people do and how they do it, with out full explanations. Maybe someone will see something and it will spark an idea, something they personally havent thought of. They could still learn from it, aswell as just enjoy viewing someone elses fails/acheivements etc without giving away personal information etc.
https://vigilante.tech/Forum-Hacking

Hacking is a section where you can post, learn and discuss various aspects & Methods of hacking.

Tutorials go in the Hacking Tutorials section, whereas the link is a general Hacking forum - the two are not directly related to each other.

Am I missing something, or is this fine?
While there is only one thread in the section as of now, it's hard to use it to argue my case, but using the one thread, its about hacking resources, which I would totally agree should be in there.. tho what I have in mind is more "personal" than that. The forum you link to I would see more as the resource type forum, instead of viewing personal endeavors that people go on.

the tutorials is definitely seperate from that, I just don't feel me posting a bunch of threads of random shit im doing. or anyone for that matter would belong in that particular forum.. as it wouldn't be resources, or even really discussion based, maybe some of them.. just more towards the "show off" type of place without actually "showing off".. see what im getting at?
(08-30-2016, 03:42 PM)ubersaki Wrote: While there is only one thread in the section as of now, it's hard to use it to argue my case, but using the one thread, its about  hacking resources, which I would totally agree should be in there.. tho what I have in mind is more "personal" than that. The forum you link to I would see more as the resource type forum, instead of viewing personal endeavors that people go on.

the tutorials is definitely seperate from that, I just don't feel me posting a bunch of threads of random shit im doing. or anyone for that matter would belong in that particular forum.. as it wouldn't be resources, or even really discussion based, maybe some of them.. just more towards the "show off" type of place without actually "showing off".. see what im getting at?

Yea, no I get it. It's almost like a twitch.tv live stream atmosphere where people chill and see what happens, but in a forum-format, and not as LIVE as a live twitch stream. People come and see what you can do, exchange information and tips, learn more, and experience it with you. But you don't want to call it "showing off".

In essence, it's like a forum for incomplete threads, threads that will constantly be updated based on progress.

Could be nice. Right now though, I'd personally choose the Hacking forum, for that, by default...

We'll see what others have to say about it.
i can def see both sides of it, and no it wouldn't technically be "live"... just thought it might be interesting to have a spot for it so its not mixed with useful things. Could include fails/wins/in betweens etc.. def would like some others feedback on it.
In the past the UB counterpart of Website/Forum Hacking was used for progress marking, showcasing, and other things. https://vigilante.tech/Forum-Forums-Website-Hacking

Really though, I think Hacking and General Hacking Discussions should be merged. While I'd keep the noob subforum, it really seems like we have 3 forums when we need 2.
(08-30-2016, 06:31 PM)Albus Wrote: In the past the UB counterpart of Website/Forum Hacking was used for progress marking, showcasing, and other things. https://vigilante.tech/Forum-Forums-Website-Hacking

Really though, I think Hacking and General Hacking Discussions should be merged. While I'd keep the noob subforum, it really seems like we have 3 forums when we need 2.

soooo... would there be an issue if it was something that wasn't dealing with a website? Like.. say an app... a game.. etc?
(08-30-2016, 06:42 PM)ubersaki Wrote: soooo... would there be an issue if it was something that wasn't dealing with a website? Like.. say an app... a game.. etc?

Nope. We have one for hacking discussion, so why should we limit the category to discussion as it pertains to just forums and websites. Feel free to post there, and I'll rename it to hacking showcase or such when I get a chance. I'll adjust the categories per the plan outlined throughout this thread so far.
(08-30-2016, 06:58 PM)Albus Wrote:
(08-30-2016, 06:42 PM)ubersaki Wrote: soooo... would there be an issue if it was something that wasn't dealing with a website? Like.. say an app... a game.. etc?

Nope. We have one for hacking discussion, so why should we limit the category to discussion as it pertains to just forums and websites. Feel free to post there, and I'll rename it to hacking showcase or such when I get a chance. I'll adjust the categories per the plan outlined throughout this thread so far.

sounds good to me. I will post some stuff up tomorrow :). it def could use some renaming/joining/etc..