Thread Closed 
Thread Contributor: Thurudelete own thread
Delete own thread, so long nobody have replied and if its within letsay 15 minits.
So mistakes can be removed if needed.
I saw it to late and posted without checking the forum fist, yeah very stupoid from me.
The capability for someone to delete their own threads that was heavily contested on Ubers. Personally, I always felt it needed to be an option. I'd like to set some criteria as you've mentioned and then expand upon those. I'll have to look into this further, but I could see it being implemented down the road as a feature for upgraded members.
Ofcourse i have no problem maling it a UB+ feature.
Its usefull, and ofcourse not to be inteded to being abused.
I know the risk of this functionality.
Yes. The biggest item would be a need to ensure that threads aren't deleted on a whim after other users have been invested in these topics. It's certainly on alist of items for consideration.
Yep, and its only in case if nobody have replied yet n the thread. That its possible that people have read it, does not really matter.
I'll count something like this as being on a to-do list.

If anyone else has input feel free to weigh in.
I can agree with you Thuru, I think a time limit of perhaps a day instead of 15 minutes.
But either way, thread deletion would be great!
I do agree with Thuru, and with this topic on I think Thread editing is also a thing. Cause I do like you can edit threads like 15 Minutes or 1 Day after creation. But What if you have like a thread I do about a piece of software. Thats now in WIP but later goes to release and furthur update. I do not want people to have old or broken DL Links and or run in the not updated information. How is that going?
(07-16-2016, 07:10 PM)Coddr Wrote:  I do not want people to have old or broken DL Links and or run in the not updated information. How is that going?

The way UB handled this was users had X time to edit the post, while upgraded members could always edit it. I'll likely take the same approach here.

I think regular members get 3 days right now to edit a post, when on UB it was 2. Agile users also had a week to edit their posts.
(07-16-2016, 11:43 PM)Albus Wrote: The way UB handled this was users had X time to edit the post, while upgraded members could always edit it. I'll likely take the same approach here.

I think regular members get 3 days right now to edit a post, when on UB it was 2. Agile users also had a week to edit their posts.

Why would you limit the amount of days a user has to edit the post? This was one of the many flaws on Ubers. It literally didn't do any good whatsoever except creating another thing to add to the list of benefits for upgraded users.

If everyone can't edit their post forever, they can't keep a thread alive by adding new information or updating the broken links. There'll eventually be a ton of threads that are no good in the future and it will make the whole forum messy. Why waste resources as an admin on cleaning these threads up when you could've prevented it from the beginning?
Thread Closed