VigilanteTech
Kimetsu no Yaiba - Printable Version

+- VigilanteTech (https://vigilante.tech)
+-- Forum: General Discussions (https://vigilante.tech/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Media, Melody & Movies (https://vigilante.tech/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: Kimetsu no Yaiba (/thread-913.html)

Kimetsu no Yaiba - Baredee - 01-12-2020

If you haven't already checked this anime out, please do.

It's awesome. 

Watch here: https://www.nwanime.tv/kimetsu-no-yaiba/anime/6569/&u=3

RE: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Albus - 05-15-2020

Saw thread back in January and put it on my watchlist. Finally got around to it and moved through it quickly. Current, and awaiting further episodes. Have you read the manga or are you only watching the anime for this series?

RE: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Baredee - 05-16-2020

(05-15-2020, 07:53 PM)Albus Wrote: Saw thread back in January and put it on my watchlist. Finally got around to it and moved through it quickly. Current, and awaiting further episodes. Have you read the manga or are you only watching the anime for this series?

Anime-only, no spoilers please!  Excited

I've heard so many theories, can't wait for the new seasons (which I've also heard will be a movie, what!?)

RE: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Albus - 05-16-2020

(05-16-2020, 07:53 AM)Baredee Wrote: Anime-only, no spoilers please!  Excited

I've heard so many theories, can't wait for the new seasons (which I've also heard will be a movie, what!?)

Same here. It seems like if I pick up the manga then I abandon the anime entirely (first noticed this with One Piece). I’m reluctant to get ahead on the manga of KNY because that animation quality is just so freaking smooth. I could power through the series from just watching the animation, even if the story did suck (which for anyone else, it’s been an enjoyable ride so far). 

I hadn’t heard anything on future seasons, so that bit is quite interesting.

RE: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Baredee - 05-18-2020

(05-16-2020, 02:06 PM)Albus Wrote:
(05-16-2020, 07:53 AM)Baredee Wrote: Anime-only, no spoilers please!  Excited

Same here. It seems like if I pick up the manga then I abandon the anime entirely (first noticed this with One Piece). I’m reluctant to get ahead on the manga of KNY because that animation quality is just so freaking smooth. I could power through the series from just watching the animation, even if the story did suck (which for anyone else, it’s been an enjoyable ride so far). 

I hadn’t heard anything on future seasons, so that bit is quite interesting.

Yeah. Looking back, you're right, not much actually happened in terms of the story. But it keeps me hooked because:

1) The antagonist is badass af and I hate/kinda like him
2) The mc's growth comes from training and learning, not having a sentimental power-thought followed by a ridiculous power-up
3) A unique brother-sister relationship in a shonen, non slice-of-life fantasy anime
4) Animation be smooooooooooooth! Episode 19 ... I've rewatched that scene at least 20 times.

One piece is becoming a joke recently -.- ... I hate how much screen-time menial things like a character walking down a street or a gatling trade of blows get. Like, really? Did that need to last 13 seconds just now? Ever since the Dressrosa arc, things have been going downhill. Oh my god the "Whole Cake Island" arc was painful. That Katakuri fight was bsssss! Granted, there have been a few badass moments here and there but we need more condensed badassery! I honestly wouldn't mind if they released 1 ep every 2 weeks if the quality could be adjusted accordingly. This is a perfect Quality > Quantity situation. 

[Image: CourteousHopefulDarklingbeetle-max-1mb.gif]mc

RE: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Baredee - 05-18-2020

Have you you watched Attack on Titan? That's how you condense badassness into 12 eps! It's so good it even got many non-anime fans into anime. And some of the recent fight animations on there, I can't even.

RE: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Albus - 05-18-2020

(05-18-2020, 10:16 AM)Baredee Wrote: 2) The mc's growth comes from training and learning, not having a sentimental power-thought followed by a ridiculous power-up
4) Animation be smooooooooooooth! Episode 19 ... I've rewatched that scene at least 20 times.

These points capture my feelings on it pretty well. It's a nice change of pace from what else I had been watching. I'm really looking forward to seeing where the story goes from here. Apparently the manga has just concluded, so be careful to avoid spoilers.

(05-18-2020, 10:16 AM)Baredee Wrote: One piece is becoming a joke recently

I'm thankful for the current suspension. I'm hoping that after COVID-19 they will adopt an updated release schedule instead of attempting to stick with the current one. The current schedule worked fantastically when there was a backlog of items to animate. Drop in some filler here and there, and you're good. After everything that was pulled in Dressrosa and WCI (and probably still in Wano) to slow down source content consumption I just don't believe that the animators can continue putting out any product, not just a quality product. I know OP is huge in Japan and weekly content helps with that, but it's absolutely insane that they're clinging to it still. I mean, Oda is taking more personal breaks than ever before. There's less content per year and the gap between current anime and current manga is the closest that I know of it having been previously.

They would have had more of a buffer if they had been animating the cover stories from the manga as they are canon and tell stories that hook back into the plot in the future/supplement characters we've already come to know. Apparently those episodes don't go over so well with children in Japan, though, so animation of those was scrapped.

(05-18-2020, 10:19 AM)Baredee Wrote: Have you you watched Attack on Titan? That's how you condense badassness into 12 eps! It's so good it even got many non-anime fans into anime. And some of the recent fight animations on there, I can't even.

I have watched Attack on Titan, and I am caught up. It has some awesome animation. I find myself having to watch recaps between new seasons or I just forget everything, though.