Desktop thread
Hello everyone,

was just wandering what your desktop's look like.

This is my laptop desktop:
[Image: ce375ec1090341c0b0952962a3d9b2e8.png]

Will add the picture of my Desktops desktop later.
I'll have to post one of my gaming rig at some point, but for now, here's the workstation at my office. I'm currently using 2x 34" Dell curves and 2x Dell 22" in portrait mode.

[Image: lAdNEvC.jpg]
File names censored for privacy reasons.

Shorcuts/Icons you'll recognize:
  • VMware vSphere
  • Chrome
  • IE
  • FF
  • CMD
  • PowerShell
  • PowerShell ISE
  • Outlook 2016
  • Skype for Business
  • UltraVNC
  • AD Users and Computers
  • VMware Workstation
  • PuTTy
  • InstallShield
  • Sticky Notes
  • Teamviewer
  • Notepad++
  • HeidiSQL
(03-10-2017, 10:08 PM)Albus Wrote: I'll have to post one of my gaming rig at some point, but for now, here's the workstation at my office. I'm currently using 2x 34" Dell curves and 2x Dell 22" in portrait mode.

[Image: lAdNEvC.jpg]
File names censored for privacy reasons.

Shorcuts/Icons you'll recognize:
  • VMware vSphere
  • Chrome
  • IE
  • FF
  • CMD
  • PowerShell
  • PowerShell ISE
  • Outlook 2016
  • Skype for Business
  • UltraVNC
  • AD Users and Computers
  • VMware Workstation
  • PuTTy
  • InstallShield
  • Sticky Notes
  • Teamviewer
  • Notepad++
  • HeidiSQL

Damn, 4 screens, I wish I had so many. I only have 2 screens on my main rig, though I'm planning on building a 3 screen laptop.
(03-10-2017, 10:16 PM)Bish0pQ Wrote: Damn, 4 screens, I wish I had so many. I only have 2 screens on my main rig, though I'm planning on building a 3 screen laptop.

It sounds nicer than it is. Generally one of the portrait monitors is dedicated to either the ticketing system/Outlook, the other portrait monitor is generally Skype for Business windows. When it gets interesting is when I have several apps running on my two main screens, a VM or two fired up, and I've connected to one of our KVMs. It's easy to lose your mouse when there's screens within your screens, and the screens are quite large to begin with.
(03-10-2017, 10:28 PM)Albus Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 10:16 PM)Bish0pQ Wrote: Damn, 4 screens, I wish I had so many. I only have 2 screens on my main rig, though I'm planning on building a 3 screen laptop.

It sounds nicer than it is. Generally one of the portrait monitors is dedicated to either the ticketing system/Outlook, the other portrait monitor is generally Skype for Business windows. When it gets interesting is when I have several apps running on my two main screens, a VM or two fired up, and I've connected to one of our KVMs. It's easy to lose your mouse when there's screens within your screens, and the screens are quite large to begin with.

Yeah I can understand that, but having 20 different tabs open in your taskbar doesn't really help either. I mean it's nice to have some applications that you don't use too often on a seperate screen. Especially if you want to keep track of data or statistics from your PC or something else.
My Arch System

[Image: 4caae1be2f.png]

Arch
Gnome 3 DE

I like Minimal My windows is a mess atm will post it later