RPI Projects
So basically I have 2x RPI (1B) laying around, and I don't really know what to do with them.
One of them I'll probably use to build a small local fileserver, but I don't really know what to do with the other one.

I was thinking of creating a portable dataminer, what are your thoughts about that?
I have two of them myself and I spent a while figureing out and getting a RPI cluster working. I would suggest trying something like a cluster as its not often you get to try do something as complex. There are a few good tutorials on it out there and you can get it to work as a clusterd file server and such once your done. That or a Kodi box would be my suggestions anyway Tongue Out
(05-04-2017, 04:39 PM)Dozy Van Wrote: I have two of them myself and I spent a while figureing out and getting a RPI cluster working. I would suggest trying something like a cluster as its not often you get to try do something as complex. There are a few good tutorials on it out there and you can get it to work as a clusterd file server and such once your done. That or a Kodi box would be my suggestions anyway Tongue Out

Might indeed be interesting to try out. I'm not really in favor of a Kodi server since I already have private storage servers, so not really a need like that. The cluster sounds fun to try out though. I'll look into it, thanks for suggestion
Turning them into Pi-holes (https://pi-hole.net/) or emulation stations seems to be what my colleagues have done with them. These are pretty straightforward and simple projects, but it really just depends on whether you're wanting to use them for repeated tinkering, or if you'd actually find a use for it after testing a project idea.
(05-04-2017, 09:28 PM)Albus Wrote: Turning them into Pi-holes (https://pi-hole.net/) or emulation stations seems to be what my colleagues have done with them. These are pretty straightforward and simple projects, but it really just depends on whether you're wanting to use them for repeated tinkering, or if you'd actually find a use for it after testing a project idea.

Looks interesting to try out. Not that I really have use for it, but just want to start screwing around with them a little bit more.