Colona no Bairusu
Hi guys

I'm assuming most of you are self-isolating and are in your homes.

How have recent events impacted your daily life? What are your thoughts on the outbreak in general?

I myself am WFH, and have been for a number of weeks now. We have daily team meetings in the morning.
I generally don't tend to go out much, anyway, so not much has changed.

I find I'm a bit more suspicious and perhaps even paranoid about things I usually might not have even noticed.
Not much different for me either. Not that much of a going out person so I guess I'm used to it.
Stores are close and generally stocked up well. Working from home is pretty relaxed, get to wake up an hour later than usual and can have my breakfast during the morning meetings.
(04-05-2020, 07:04 PM)TheEvilSocks Wrote: Not much different for me either. Not that much of a going out person so I guess I'm used to it.
Stores are close and generally stocked up well. Working from home is pretty relaxed, get to wake up an hour later than usual and can have my breakfast during the morning meetings.

That extra hour saved from dressing up and commuting is great.
(04-08-2020, 01:16 PM)Baredee Wrote: That extra hour saved from dressing up and commuting is great.

The time saved from not commuting or getting ready for work has been amazing.

Thankfully there have not been many negative impacts in my daily life. There have been some concessions required, but my family and friends are able to distance effectively and have workplaces taking proper steps to prevent/limit transmission in the event of an infection. A few of my mates have jobs where distancing is not an option, but luckily enough their bosses are providing protective gear as required.

I've been working from home since the first week of March and honestly have no intention of physically returning to the office until at least August - barring any emergencies requiring a physical presence. It did take some practice to get into a good routine though. Some days I'd work 3 hours or less, and the next I'd work 18.

How are your all's daily meetings going? We just do a mid-week check-in and that's been working well for most of our team. Some require a little more direction throughout the week but we try to handle that privately.
(05-15-2020, 06:47 PM)Albus Wrote:
(04-08-2020, 01:16 PM)Baredee Wrote: That extra hour saved from dressing up and commuting is great.

It did take some practice to get into a good routine though. Some days I'd work 3 hours or less, and the next I'd work 18. 
This. So much this. My sleeping schedule has been sporadic, recently. I sometimes sleep right after the morning meetings, if not a few after, and then wake up later and pull an all-nighter to get things done.

The meetings are quite simple and routine, depending on who's leading the conference. Some will cycle through the devs with a quick "yesterday & today's progress/plans" briefing while others like to speak about smaller details and end up stretching the call out a little. I prefer the former out of the two, personally. All said, it's a decent way to keep in touch with each other whilst making sure we're all up-to-date on how we're performing for the month.
My company’s devs partake in similar daily standup meetings to realign resources on their projects. Our team typically works out of a couple of queues without any external input. An exception to that might be me pulling someone else in on a major project to take care of a specific component or offer input on a spec they may be more familiar with. We’re very isolated and independent on my team outside of those requests or emergencies, and I quite enjoy it. As much as I dislike a weekly meeting I cannot fathom how much I would dislike a daily.